Thursday, August 5, 2010

a fine line

There's a fine line between sketchy and sweet when it comes to men wearing high waisted shorts with walkmen on their belts, giant headphones, and athletic socks pulled up to their knees. If said man is over 65 or developmentally disabled the look is absolutely sweet and I will smile and say hello when we cross paths on a trail at 6:30 am and I'm on a run before work. Otherwise I will likely move over and avoid eye contact and wonder if it would be beneficial for the man I've just seen to know how much he resembles a crazy child molester...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Duncan....I'm sorry he escaped so early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's okay. I could tell it was Duncan from the Raider's t-shirt, hat and the giant wraparound sunglasses... I know how he likes his alone time though so I didn't say hi.

    ReplyDelete