Thursday, October 7, 2010

new friend

I was a little worried that Sidekick would eat any new friend I introduced him to, but I figured I'd give it a shot. (Mudcarp died when I was out of town a few weeks ago- I thought it would be nice to give Sidekick a new friend.) I actually gave him two new friends, Thor and Cupcake, but Cupcake got sick and died a week after I got her. Thor and Sidekick seem to be pretty fond of each other, though, despite the disparity in size. I have noticed that Thor stays clear of Sidekick when I feed them- he holds back and eats the little bits of food that drift down to him, or he swims to the opposite side of the tank to eat at the surface. Smart lil' guy.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I had no idea that you had a fish tank/goldfishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Did I ever mention Thor was the name of my dog/father figure growing up! I'm thrilled you've named your new pet after him!!! Thor was a beautiful German Shepard we found walking the streets of Pasadena when I was 4 and he was 4-monthsish. We celebrated his b-day on the first of spring b/c we didn't really know. He died when I was 18. He was so fatherly in every way, probably more like a dad than most dads....

    ReplyDelete