Wednesday, February 2, 2011

-9 degrees

Inspired by my friend Kate, I made a terrarium on Sunday. I knew the weather was about to change so I took advantage of the thawed ground and the blooming violets in my backyard and dug some up to plant in this jar. I also took moss that was growing in the clawfoot tub in the back flowerbed and some lavender seedlings that I brought in at the first frost in autumn... The violets may have been angry that I robbed them of the last of the sunlight Sunday afternoon, but if they knew what was in store I imagine they'd thank me.

2 comments:

  1. You'll want to add some charcoal if you haven't already. I have a big back of it if you'd like some- it will keep it from getting all moldy. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used lava rocks- will that do the trick?

    ReplyDelete