Thursday, November 20, 2014

for you, Vanessa


So I've been drawing a ton.  And making patterns, taking pictures, etc but posting nothing to this blog.  Some of the drawings were for a facebook page I did with friends in September, until I realized that facebook was really bumming me out so I deleted it from my phone and have avoided checking it...  And now I'm in the midst of a drawing project with Kristin and we have our drawings posted here for the time being.
The drawing above is from this morning for my project with Kristin, as a documentation of my LA mornings lately.  I wake up and debate going for a run immediately and then decide that instead, I will make coffee.  With my big old cup of coffee I sit at my desk, read emails, check my planner, make some to-do lists, and then sometimes play The Daily Show or something on Netflix or some music while I draw or paint or stare into space with my coffee until I realize I'm starting to get jittery and it's time to make some food to counter the caffeine.  
This morning I reheated some leftover ginger garlic tofu bok choy soup because I needed to finish it but it wasn't what I wanted- I just shoveled it in and felt uncomfortably hot from it- almost feverish which is awesome when one is already feeling on the verge of panic from a little too much coffee and the uncertainty of one's future due to her employment status...  yay!  (and that's when I decide that tomorrow, for sure, I will run first thing rather than going straight for the coffee...)

1 comment:

  1. Your fishes look increasingly stressed. I want to help them. I am currently weaving tiny blankets for them to make it better,

    ReplyDelete