Wednesday, September 16, 2009

pickles

Last night I made and canned 12 jars of zucchini pickles. I feel like the vinegar burned a hole in my brain. This is a picture of the phase where the zucchini boils in the vinegar with all the spices before being put in jars. (The jars on the left are dill pickles from the weekend- a much easier process, I realized, and one that's much more suitable for a Tuesday evening after work...) I am considering getting a digital camera so that I can take better pictures than this, which was taken with my crappy cellphone, but then there's something sort of nice about the poor quality of this picture. I suppose the stove's digital clock gives it away, but otherwise this could be a color photo taken with a Polaroid land camera in 1976.

2 comments:

  1. I like your tags (in addition to the fact that they are now comma separated)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always liked the "land camera". i just commented on your blog, teehee.

    ReplyDelete