Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Morning Chainsaw

Some people go to church on Sunday mornings, and some people make a pot of coffee and read the NY Times. I prefer to have my landlord and his wife show up at 9 am with a chainsaw and a paint scraper so they can simultaneously work on scraping the paint off my bedroom windowsill and cutting down branches of a tree leaning against my house from last week's storm. It's nice that they thought to bring their little yippy dog, too, who likes to bark at things like leaves and air, and then get yelled at by my landlord's wife. A cup of strong Chinese tea and a handful of miniature chocolate bars left over from Halloween for breakfast... I'm pretty sure this as good as it gets.

2 comments:

  1. Well, as long as that's not their Sunday morning _routine_!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is, I'll just make it my routine to come over and have brunch at your place. Ha!

    ReplyDelete